Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Copper and Teal DIY necklace

So I was inspired by a number of things for this project. Firstsly the necklace itself comes from something that I saw on 'PS I made this' and the colours were inspired by the the film Amelie.

I origionally wanted to use ribbon like the version on PS I made this, but when I saw this rope in my favorite mercerie in Montmartre, I knew immediately that It would be perfect. In the photos it comes accross as blue but in real life it is a bright greeny teal.

I'm really excited about this project because it's a really striking piece of jewellery which will brighten up my predominantly black oufits.

What you need: About 1/2 metre of rope
                        copper tubes which you can find in your hardware store's plumbing section
                        sticky-tape
                        clasp which has a catch big enough to fit around the rope
                        *scissors




Step 1: Measure the length of rope that you want. Wrap sticky-tape around the rope just before the point where you intend to cut it. this is so that it doesn't start fraying




Step 2: Slip the bent copper tube to the middle of the rope




Step 3: Tie two even knots next to the tube




Step 4: Slip the straight tubes on. One on either side of the bent tube.




Step 5: Attach your clasps to the necklace



Wear with pride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment