Monday, December 5, 2011

Les deux moulins

After school today I went to Montmartre with some friends to have yummmy cupcakes at this adorable little tearoom Miss Cupcake but, unfortunately, it was closed. (on monday mornings most little shops in paris are closed)

Instead we headed to the famous 'les deux moulin' or the 'amilie café' as others call it. It is the same café that Amelie works in in the film and, surprisingly, today was my first time paying it a visit. Apparently they have 3 E 80 Coctails at happy hour so it definately won't be the last time I go there.

Anyway going to the café and spending some time in Montmartre reminded me about how much I adore Amelie so I watched it again for about the 10th time when i got home! I'm not entirely sure what it is about the movie that I love the most. The music is a very important factor, the storyline is so quirky and unusual but I think the best thing about it is how the director, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, succeeds in  creating an absolute masterpiece with every scene.

The teal (ish) green and red(ish) orange which are predominent throughout the film are the inspiration for my next DIY so stay tuned to see what I'm making next!

No comments:

Post a Comment