Friday, November 25, 2011

Paris Street Art

Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to take my camera out more often while walking the streets of Paris. There are 2 reasons for this. The first is that I will be back home in Hermanus, South Africa, in just over a month's time and I want to capture as much of the city as I can so that I never forget my time here . The second is that there is so much amazing street art in Paris, hiding around the most arbitrary corners. So often I've wanted to kick myself for not bringing my camera with me, so now it stays permanently in the bottom of my handbag.

Here are a couple of works I have seen. Most of them are in the streets of the Marais (1st and 4th arrondissements) and the Montmartre area.

I love this pinoccio made from portraits of different politicians.



 These little guys are everywhere!







I remember being shocked by the amount of graffiti in Paris when I first arrived and while I'm still against the idea of defacing other people's property, I can't help but love these works. They are exquisite and clever and add to the character of the areas where they were found.
Whats your opinion on the subject? Is all street art graffiti? Where should the line be drawn?

No comments:

Post a Comment